ST. LOUIS (Sept. 26, 2018) – Tarlton Corp., a St. Louis-based general contracting and construction management firm, is serving as construction manager for a new $12 million multi-level parking garage at 4217 Custom Steel Dr. near Duncan Avenue in the Cortex Innovation Community in St. Louis’ Central West End.
The five-level parking garage will have spaces for 678 vehicles. Construction scope consists of 400 pieces of precast concrete and 3,500 cubic yards of excavation and backfill. Tarlton Concrete will self-perform the cast-in-place concrete, including 50 drilled piers and 2,000 cubic yards of grade beams, walls and slabs, as well as the installation of an elevator. The construction of the new parking garage in the Cortex Innovation Community marks the first phase of three parking garage projects that are planned in the district. The parking garage is slated for completion in May 2019.
The team includes Brian Gibson, project director; Brian Shaffer, project manager; Michael Vemmer, project engineer; Jon Stemme, project superintendent; and Laurie Howell, cost engineer. HOK is the project architect.
“The Custom Steel Drive Parking Garage builds on our success as one of the region’s top construction managers and concrete experts,” said Tracy Hart, president, Tarlton Corp. “We are delighted to work on a project that will have such a positive impact on the Cortex Innovation Community.”
Tarlton also is working with Cortex on Innovation Hall, a 13,800-square-foot networking and event space at 4220 Duncan Ave., next to the Custom Steel Drive garage, where the firm also completed interior fit-outs for building tenants BJC WellAware Center, Microsoft and Cambridge Innovation Center.
Tarlton has completed more than 20 projects in the Cortex District, including:
– @4240 (4240 Duncan Ave.) core and shell historic renovation
– Tenant fit-outs in @4240: Cambridge Innovation Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Boeing, Husch Blackwell, Park Avenue Coffee
– BioGenerator lab and office expansion, Cortex 1 Building
– New lobby conference rooms, Cortex 1
– CIC@CET renovations, 20 S. Sarah St.
– 4260 Forest Park Ave., new core and shell
– Alcami fit-out, 4260 Forest Park Ave.
– Duncan Avenue storm sewer extension
– Various parking lot projects
– Work by Tarlton HydroVac Services
– Cortex parking garage at 4217 Custom Steel Dr. (due 2019)